Pages

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

Christmas countdown banner

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mason Williams - Classical Gas - ORIGINAL STEREO VERSION (P&S Natasha in Oz)

Heeelllloooo there!



Natasha in Oz has done a little revamping!  Sunday Song (which I dearly loved) will now be Pinning and Singing on the Weekend!  Why not go visit Natasha for all the details.  She shares so many cool and interesting ideas!


I just love her blog, 5 Minutes Just for Me,

 and her Christmas blog, Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive, 365!

If you'll check out my music list at the bottom of my blog, you'll find my #1 favorite is Mason Williams' Classical Gas.  I was a freshman in high school when this first came out - 1967-68!  If I'm remembering correctly, Mason Williams was a guest on The Smothers Brothers Show.  You remember them, right - Tommy and Dickie Smothers? "Well, mom always did like you best!" 
Official 1967-68 school photo (ugh)!


I like this one of me better!  Taken Easter 1968.
I went to Indian Creek High School, Trafalgar, Johnson Co., Indiana.  It was a brand new school, both the building and the name! 

It was/is actually known as Nineveh-Hensley-Jackson Schools, a consolidation of three different schools.  Two schools were in Johnson County: Nineveh Township and Hensley Township (Trafalgar), and one in Morgan County: Jackson Township (Morgantown). 

Nineveh's school colors were Blue and White; Trafalgar's were Red and White; and Morgantown's were Purple and White.  Our new school combined parts of these school colors to come up with the Indian Creek Braves' colors of Red, White, and Blue.


These pictures were taken about four years ago.  The original
building has been added to, and the middle school is now part of the high school.

But I digress!  Mason Williams' Classical Gas has remained my favorite all this time, some 44 years.  I hope you enjoy it as much!





Take Care and God Bless!


XoXoXo
blue

3 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

You are so kind telling your readers about my new bloggy party, Joy-thank you so very much! I'm so sorry you will miss Sunday Song but it wasn't really a very big success numbers wise. Also, I seemed to have been adding my favourite pins to my song posts lately so thought it would be fun to mix it up a little.

I am so glad you will still be joining in and this is a brilliant song to help me launch the first party!

Thanks again for not only being so supportive but also for being a great bloggy friend!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Amanda said...

One if my favorite songs too! I remember 60 Minutes on CBS used it as the background music for a retrospective at the end of the year of photos and videos of all the big events of 1938 - and there were a lot that year.

Bunny Jean said...

You bet I remember that song! We are the same age.... I loved those pictures of you!

Thanks for the comment on by other blog. Some people can't function with out their morning coffee. See you tomorrow at Bunny Hop Wednesday

xoxo Bunny Jean @ Bunny Jean's Decor and More!
www.BunnyJeansDecorAndMore.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May God bless you and yours...