Pages

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

Christmas countdown banner

Friday, September 9, 2011

USA Johnny Van Zant - The Day America Cried-Pinning and Singing Weekend

Good Friday Afternoon! (at least here, LOL!)

I'm linking this post to Natasha's Pinning and Singing Weekend Party.  You have to head over there and check it out!  Love her blog!


I've decided to go Patriotic this weekend.  Sunday is Patriot's Day, and the 10th anniversary of the September 11th attack on our American soil!

This song, The Day America Cried, is beautiful, yet sad.  If you remember where you were, or the feelings you had at that time, I'm sure you can relate!  Please let me know your story!

I was home, having another bout with my curse - fibromyalgia, watching Fox and Friends.  There was confusion on the set, and break-aways to the most horrific scene in our lifetime!  Not since Pearl Harbor had anyone dared to attack us on our own soil! 


At that time, December 7th, 1941, Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, at least it is attributed to him, made this famous statement "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Bin Laden and his misguided zealots did the same and look what happened to him!




Take care and God Bless!

XoXoXo
blue

4 comments:

nicolewian said...

Thank you for your post. I've been thinking about 911 all day. I took the kids to a park in town that had a flag for each of the victims. Ten years later, remembering still gives me goose bumps.

CraveCute said...

Thank you for a very moving post.

skyelee said...

I live on the other side of the world (Australia) and I stop every 9/11 to remeber all those innocent people who lost their lives.
I am thinking of you all today xxx

Joy Burkhart said...

Thank you all for stopping by, your memories of that awful day, and respect shown the heroes/victims that day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May God bless you and yours...