Pages

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

Christmas countdown banner

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Enchiladas!

I'm linking this with Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop Wednesday Party!  Give her a visit and join in.  You can post whatever you like.  The party is for newish bloggers, with less than so many followers, or have been blogging for less than a year (I think that right). 

Hop on over to Bunny's page for all the details!  She's such a sweetie!  I know she'll be glad to see you!  Oh, and she has something new!  Check out the BIG blogroll! 

Click for the Blog Hop!
I made some enchiladas the other day, and thought I'd share with you how I make them.  This is probably not a standard or traditional recipe for enchiladas, but we like them.


Enchiladas!

Some of the ingredients you'll need.  Forgot to show the canned diced tomatoes & salt.
You know what ground beef looks like! LOL!

Browning beef, onions, garlic, taco seasoning, salt & pepper, enchilada sauce.
I didn't add the tomatoes to this batch.


Spray baking dish with cooking oil and place on baking tray.
 This will prevent any bubble-over from messing up your oven.

 
Heat tortillas in microwave, cover until ready to use.

 
Spoon beef mixture onto a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese.

 
Roll...


roll...

fold top sides toward middle like an envelope flap and roll...

 
and your done (rolling)!  Place in the baking dish as well as possible.

 
Cover with enchilada sauce (green, in this case)...

 
then with shredded cheese and bake at 400 degrees, 23-25 minutes.


JOY'S ENCHILADAS

1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 heaping tsp. jarred minced garlic
1/4 cup taco seasoning (more or less to suit your taste)
1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
1 small can green chilis (optional)
2 cans enchilada sauce, either red or green
salt and pepper to taste
8 taco sized tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese, your choice

Brown ground beef, onions, and garlic.  If there's any grease, drain.  Sprinkle taco seasoning, salt, and pepper over beef and stir in.  Add the diced tomatoes, including the liquid, and 1/2 can enchilada sauce.  Simmer about 5-8 minutes, just enough to warm it through.  Remove from heat.

Warm your tortillas in the microwave for about 3 minutes.  Once warmed, cover until ready to use.  Spoon about 2 serving spoonsful of the beef mixture onto a tortilla, add a sprinkling of cheese, and roll.  Place into a baking dish that's been sprayed with cooking oil and placed on a baking sheet.  Take remaining enchilada sauce and cover the enchiladas in the baking dish, then cover with remaining cheese. 

Bake at 400 degrees F. 23-25 minutes.  Once done, let the enchiladas rest for about 5 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!

This makes enough for a family of four, or left overs for the next day for two.

I used to add a small can of green chilis, but Hubby's tummy can't take too much spicyness anymore. 

I hope you'll try this, and enjoy!  If you do, please let me know the verdict!

Take care and God Bless!

XoXoXo
blue

10 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

Yummy... I haven't had dinner yet and that looks SO good!

I have been fighting with getting this weeks linky party up!

Are you having trouble linking up?

xoxo Bunny Jean

Leovi said...

Delicious meal, these enchiladas must be very rich.

Sherry said...

We all love enchiladas at our house. This looks like a yummy recipe, thanks for sharing.

Kathleen said...

Your enchilada recipe looks like it would be a good family meal -- you can never have enough recipes like that! Thanks for all the nice comments you left on both of my blogs! It's nice to find a kindred spirit... there aren't a lot of quilting, picture-taking, genealogist cooks out there!

Betsy said...

Hi Joy,

Your enchilada recipe looks delicious! I love it when the weather turns cool so I can turn on the oven and make yummy dishes like this! My family loves mexican, so I'm sure this would be a hit!

Betsy

Joy Burkhart said...

Hi Betsy,

Hope you like these...you can always adjust the spices to meet your family's tastes.

Joy

Anonymous said...

it does look tasty!! wish I could eat one right now, lol :) today I gave you the Versatile Blogger award! check my blog dear. xo

Geneva said...

Joy's Enchiladas look really good and the recipe seems pretty simple. I'll give them a try! I'm getting hungry just looking at your pictures... ":o)

Tina said...

Those look sooo good! Thanks for posting!

Have a great week!

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

Oh, I am hungry now! Delicious. Thank you for your nice comment at Team Skelley, I really appreciate it. :D

PS- LOVE the Classical Gas. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May God bless you and yours...