Pages

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

Christmas countdown banner

Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Post-Seattle Trip

Ok, I've finally made the jump into blogging!  My husband, sister, and I just got back from Seattle and are recovering slowly.  Doug only needed a day or so to recoup, but my sister and I are not as young as we used to be! 

This picture is a view of the Space Needle from I-5.  We're headed south toward I-90.  I cropped the picture in the next view, so you could see the Needle a little closer.



"The Space Needle was built in 1962 for a mere $4.5 million dollars. In 2000, the Space Needle completed a $20 million revitalization. The project included construction of the Pavilion Level, SpaceBase retail store, SkyCity restaurant, Deck overhaul, exterior lighting additions, installation of the Legacy Light, exterior painting and more."



Looks like the Space Needle is leaning, doesn't it.  Maybe it is!  I felt an small tremor the morning we got to Seattle.  We had an earthquake while there back in 1997.  That one I didn't know about, until I got to work that is, and everyone was talking about it.  I guess if you are in a car, moving, the affects aren't obvious. 

Here are some photos I took when we went down to the Whidbey Island Ferry the night before.  Kathy wanted to touch the Pacific waters of Puget Sound.  The ferry was making such a racket, as it was just leaving the dock.  Its motors are so powerful, it shakes everything around you, including YOU!  Couldn't get a clear shot of the ferry because of it, but I like the way it looks.







Doug waiting so patiently!







More later!

Hugs and kisses,

Joy


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May God bless you and yours...