Pages

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

Christmas countdown banner

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Earth Wonders Challenge-BRIGHT and Bunny Hop Wednesday

Hi Everyone!  Hope you're having a great day/evening.

I've been gone for a few weeks, if you hadn't noticed.  The first week was due to health reasons. 

These last two weeks were because my Mom passed away on Halloween morning. 

Mom's 20th High School Class Reunion and how
I believe she appears in Heaven!
It's hit me harder than I thought it would.  I guess you're never really ready for it to happen.  She was 83 and was in poor health for the past decade or so.  She and Dad were in the same nursing home when she passed, and he keeps blaming himself for "not taking good enough care of her," which isn't true!  If you would, please keep him in your prayers.

Scrapbook page my sister made for Mom and Dad
The only thing that has made this bearable is knowing Mom is in Heaven with Jesus!  I don't know how anyone can make it through losing a parent (or anyone, for that matter) and not know whether or not they were saved.  I'm sure there has been a "grand" reunion with all Mom's family welcoming her home! ("Grand" was one of her favorite expressions.)

Ana's Earth Wonders Challenge this week is - BRIGHT.  This photo is one I took on our way home from Seattle last year.  I know, you're probably getting tired of all the Seattle trip pictures! LOL!  I don't get out much! 

Click Here
Anyway, the sun was coming up as we got closer to the Iowa - Illinois state lines.  I cropped the original, but the brilliance of the sun is all its own! No further enhancement was required.



Ana has set up a Flickr group to post our photos to, also! Take a gander!




Also sharing with Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop Wednesday.

Click Here
 Take care and God Bless!

xoxo

blue


10 comments:

Bunny Jean said...

How wonderful to see you again... I have been thinking about you all week! I miss my mother, more than I did before. I am able to understand her issues better now that I am "grown" up.

Thanks for dropping by the party and sharing.

Shoot me an email when you feel like it :)

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

mountain mama said...

joy,
i'm so sorry for your loss...yes, that is one thing we can look forward to...seeing our loved ones once again in heaven!!! praise God for that!!

God bless~

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The picture of your Mom is lovely--I am sorry for your loss. My Mother and I walk a couple miles a day together and this reminds me to really cherish that!

G Inspires said...

The picture of the sun is beautiful! I'm very sorry to hear about your mom

Joy Burkhart said...

Thank you, everyone, for your sweet comments! You being there for me really is a comfort!
xoxo
Joy

Anonymous said...

yay! you're back :) missed you dear Joy. your bright interpretation is simply stunning. love the colors. your mother was so beautiful, sweetie. I'm happy that you're getting back on your daily life. about the blog hop, Sunday everyone can vote on their favourite. we cannot vote on our own but that is what friends are for. spread the word during the weekend, if you feel like it. I'm so happy you're back and with such a beautiful entry. {{hugs}}

Maggie said...

Hello Joy,
I'm so glad that you stopped by my blog today as it has given me the chance to come over and get to know you a little.
I am so sorry to learn that your mother passed away very recently,
take care
Maggie.

Ms. Becky said...

I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother, but her spirit truly does shine on - in and through you. my own mother is 85 and in good health but I know that things could change in a moment. love the photo you posted of your mother, it's a treasure! and your bright sun photo is divine. happy day to you Joy.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hello Joy,
I am so sorry you lost your Mother.
Treasure her memories. You have shared a very special part of your life with your blog readers.
You hope you are feeling better. I am new here and proud to say, your newest follower. Stop on by and say hello. Hugs, Linda

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Your post was a wonderful tribute to your Mother and the love your parents shared.

Visiting from the Bunny Hop, Debra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May God bless you and yours...