Pages

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

Christmas countdown banner

Friday, March 25, 2011

Sewing for Lily - kimono was slow going

Good afternoon! 

A few weeks ago I posted a link to TADA! Creations on my post  Sewing for Lily, a baby girl who was to undergo heart surgery. 

I really feel bad that it's taken me so long to get my contribution completed!  We've had some family emergencies (Dad broke his ankle and hit his head, diagnosed with dementia, and Mom fell and broke her hip!) and I've been down a lot with fibromyalgia.  Dad and Mom are now in a healthcare and rehab center.  My sister and I cleaned and packed, my brothers packed what was left and moved our parents' belonging to storage.  It's really been hectic.  After all that, I was down for almost a week.  FM is really a nasty "syndrome" to have!  People don't see what is going on inside you, and the outside looks normal to them.  Inside you feel like you've been hit by a Mack truck, and I've gotten to the point my memory isn't really all there.  Sometimes it feels like I have Alzheimer's setting in.  My sister, Kathy, has this, too.  Together, we maybe made one person while cleaning and packing.  Our Dad's mom had Alzheimer's and it looks like Dad's headed that way now.  If you wouldn't mind, please say a prayer for all of us! Thanks! :0)

Enough, already!  I just wanted to post some pictures of the kimono I've made for little Lilly or Lily (I've seen it posted both ways).  It's been a long time since I've sewed anything as small as this little kimono!  It looked simple enough, only two pattern pieces.  However...the section around the neck was giving me fits, so I ended up lining it.  It's turned out better than it would have, and I don't feel bad about sending it to little Lilly and her parents.  If I'd continued the other way, the trashmen would have been the only ones to see it! LOL!  Anyway, the garment is finally completed,  laundered, and will be on the way this afternoon.



I hope this kimono keeps Lilly warm and that it helps out in the laundry department!  Our prayers are with her and her parents!

I also crocheted her some little booties - hope they fit!


XoXoXo

blue

1 comment:

TaDa! Creations said...

The kimono and booties are adorable! Thank you so much for taking time to make these. So sorry to hear about all that's happened lately. I'll keep you in my prayers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May God bless you and yours...