Pages

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

GUESS WHAT KIDS! ONLY...

Christmas countdown banner

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vintage Barbie Knitted Coat and Hat Pattern link

When I was about 9 or 10, I started making clothes for my Barbies, by hand.  Dad would take my brother and me to town on Saturday morning and we'd go to GC Murphy's 5 and 10. 

(photo: gcmurphy.org)
I'd race downstairs to the fabric department, to the farthest corner to the right in back of the basement.  I'd go through their patterns, searching for a new outfit to make for my dolls.  Finally finding the perfect item, I'd get the material and pattern with my 25 cents allowance, saved up over several weeks. 

Moneystackofcoins

You know the price couldn't have been too outrageous, if I could get what I needed for less than a dollar!  Oh, for the "good ol' days!"

That was the begining of my love of fabric!  I enjoy the creation process...taking a few items and an idea to bring to life something beautiful.


http://www.connectingthreads.com/cffabric/collection_list.cfm?ID=133&intmedid=Nav—MC-2-QC

Here's a link to a Vintage pattern for a knitted coat and hat especially for Barbie and her friends.  I was excited to find it and I hope you'll enjoy it, too!

http://blog.bramcostpublications.com/2010/11/10/12-days-of-a-vintage-handmade-holiday--day-9




XoXoXo

blue

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May God bless you and yours...